5.11.2008

A good Friday, a relaxing Saturday and Sunday, and it's...

Monday again!! The weather is beautiful this morning and I'm in a decent mood to enter the week, so that's a blessing. I'll tell you about yesterday in a moment, but first let me explain the picture and video.

Friday, I gave E2 a party, sort of, since they had done their final test and we'd talked about it, I took them some snacks and we went out to the courtyard at the back of our building to play some games. Lee-Sheen is my little wonder child, with whom God's given me favor, and to whom I've referred in earlier blog entries. So, he's in that class (and in B3) and he was being his normal 2nd grade self, playing with his friends outside. I don't often get to see this side of Lee-Sheen since I'm always teaching him and he's always studying very hard and trying to finish assignments. So, I made a video of the kids playing and him talking to the camera.

The picture below is from the last class on Friday, it finishes at 7:35 and then I get to leave, which is always a happy time. I am currently teaching 17 or 18 classes a week, each lasting 90 minutes, so by the time the last one rolls around each week, I'm usually really tired. Friday was no exception, and if you read my previous blog you'll understand some of the reason why. The kids were all sort of chatty and giggly and I had to keep them on task, trying to help them understand the difference between noun, verb, adjective and preposition, which I think is too difficult for their level, but that's another topic. I was wavering between discipline and fun most of the class period, but I was getting pretty close to my edge by the end of it. Then class was over and I dismissed them, but these three stayed behind, looking embarrassed but determined. Finally Cosmo, the wonder child, burst out with, "Teacher, I love you, Happy Mother's Day!" followed by a fit of laughter on the floor then he, Mavis (the glasses) and Angel all gave me pictures they had drawn on pieces of notebook paper. I had to take a picture with them because they were so cute and pleased with themselves, (and because the co-teacher walked in right at that time.)


That was Friday. Saturday I met Julie for 10 breakfast and didn't return home until about 1, which was great. Julie's my American friend here (though she hardly qualifies after living in Taiwan for 9 years!!) She's great to talk with and we were both unscheduled lazy girls so we just took our time chatting and catching up.

Sunday worship went well, and I believe because God knew where I was emotionally, He sent two people to encourage me after worship. It was great to hear that worship matters to people, although I know it does from leading and sensing the Spirit inspiring the body to worship. But it's always good to hear people say it. A Chinese gal, named Joy, whom I'd never seen that I know of, approached me after service to say that each Sunday when she leaves she has the worship songs on her mind all week. I thought that was awesome and it's certainly one of my goals as a worship leader so that was encouraging. Then I grabbed this South African lady I know here to chat with her about something else, and she was also encouraging. Thank God for those two conversations.

The rest of Sunday had moments of relaxation and good conversation, wishing my mom Happy Mother's Day on the phone, and making chili and mango sticky rice (not to be consumed together). We invited friends for an early evening meal, and there were 8 of us. All of us satisfied and happy, everyone left and the house was still again by 9.

So, I'm pleased to have had such a good weekend, and now look forward to the week of teaching and reconnecting with each class.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts many of you have expressed concerning my friends Todd and Timberley and the tragic loss of their daughter. I believe some of the mystery has been settled as I spoke to mutual friends this weekend who heard that the accident involved a bike and a car. I assume this means that Anna was riding her bike when she was hit by a car and killed. Please continue to pray for this family as they grieve and determine their future plans.

Until next time, LC from TW

Cosmo, Angel and Mavis


E2 Video

No comments: