3.16.2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today's my dad's birthday, and since it's Sunday, he's doing what he's done most Sunday's for the past 51 years (since he was 23!) He's preaching. Today he begins a four day revival meeting in a church in the small town of Chelsea in NE Oklahoma. I phoned him this morning and he was getting ready to drive to the church. He downplayed the fact that it was his birthday. When you're in ministry it's a little weird to have a birthday on a Sunday 'cause you've got major responsibilities on that day of the week particularly, so you hardly get to pamper yourself. But hopefully my dad will get a little lovin' from some of the family that lives close to where he is, and I'm sure mom will hook him up with some good food. When I asked him about the church he was going to, he said this was the third time they'd had him up for a revival in the last few years. When I told him they must like him, he responded humbly. I thought that was sweet...but truthfully, most places where my father has preached in his life, they've wanted him to come back. He's a good preacher and he's really a likable person, so he draws people to him. I like that about my dad.

So, I guess I should just close by saying, "Happy Birthday, Pop! I love you."


That's all from the TW.


Until next time, LC


Dad and Kaibryn (greatgranddaughter) driving the boat
with Papa Clark last summer in Oklahoma.
The grandbabies love Papa Clark.




Dad with his youngest granddaughter, Candace.
This pic was taken at Christmas '06.
This past Christmas, '07, Dad performed her wedding to Michael.


Dad holding Taylor,
another great granddaughter,
Christmas '06. Like I said,
the babies love Papa.

3 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

What a great tribute to your Dad. I don't remember ever meeting him, just your mom.
Happy Birthday, Dad!!

The She and I Show said...

Love him! He's my top five favorite men! Thanks for the pic. So sweet! Love you!

Grana said...

Great job on the shout out for Dad! The pictures are cute too! I think Taylor missed her appointment at the hair salon! LOL! You need to check out my blog story for the day! It is pretty funny and gross!
Love ya!