3.13.2008

Happy Birthday to my sister, Karen!

She's my only sister and it's her birthday today, so I wanted to give her a shout out. It's late here on my Thursday, and I am absolutely wasted from my longest and most stressful day. I'm sitting on my couch making loads of typing mistakes, barely able to hold my head up 'cause I just took some allergy medicine to try to breathe better, and listening to "Take the Lead" in the background on my TV.

Earlier today I asked my little girl, Sunny from A8 to say Happy Birthday to my sister on video. It just happened to be her birthday too, so it was kind of fun to try to get her to do it. Two classes later, I had A4, and there's a kid in there who sort of takes over the class with his joking around and laughing so loudly. His name is Tim and he's a little larger than life, so all the kids really like him a lot, while I often feel he's obnoxious and hard to keep in check so I can teach. However, Tim is very good at drawing and so tonight I asked him to draw a birthday board for my sister. He agreed and this distraction kept him busy for about half of the class time. This was good for me, good for him and good for the rest of the class. When he finished, the rest of the class was very impressed as was I.


Karen, I hope you enjoy your shout out and you have a great day. Happy Birthday!
Until next time, LC from TW






2 comments:

Grana said...

Thanks Rissa for the birthday blog!
Please tell Sunny I said Happy Birthday too! I showed Mike the board and we both thought that little Tim did a great job! It looks like you have your hands full! Thanks again for the shout out!

The She and I Show said...

That's freakin' amazing! You are so sweet to do that for mom and the kids are too cute. I hope you have a great day!