10.07.2007

Cabin Fever, Canadian Thanksgiving, plus "Fridays" with Friends and Another Birthday Shout out

Well, friends, I spent Friday night until Sunday afternoon in my apartment without going outside even once. We had another typhoon (video below, hope you can open it), which is my third one in seven weeks. The only bummer is that it hit a day too late and on the weekend. If it had come on Friday morning instead of Friday night I could have gotten another day off of teaching, and this one would have included A11! That did not happen, but I still like to fantasize that it could've.

Speaking of A11, I've had two sessions with them in their new semester, and it looks like they're trying to rise to the expectations of being in their second 12-week semester of English study. We shall see how long that lasts, but at least for now it's going alright. (It still takes so much of my energy, so I appreciate your prayers for this class each Wednesday and Friday.) A great blessing to me for this upcoming week is that I get Wednesday off to celebrate Taiwan's National Day. (I don't know if China knows about this, so please don't tell them;)
No A11, PTL!




Today's Sunday and I got together with my Canadian co-workers this evening for another trek to Outback. They were excited that this was Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. They kept saying "Happy Thanksgiving!" and it was a lot of fun. We pretended the brownie dessert was pumpkin pie and talked about all the things we missed about home. Love those Canadians!

I managed to make it to TGI Friday's today for lunch with the South African gals, my first time to find the restaurant (it's not difficult, but somehow I've struggled there), and therefore my first mexican food in seven weeks. It's not quite a record, but close to it. Those chicken fajitas were rockin', and I loved giving the South Africans a lesson on what's in the various mexican dishes. They were eager to learn...and with my years of Taco Bell experience, I was a great teacher, I must say. Yo quiero, Taco Bell!

Last, but certainly not least, today is my girl, Stacey's, birthday! Now, since Stace was one of the residents of 163, I haven't missed her birthday in about six years, I think, so I'm bumming that I'm not there for it today. However, I trust she'll enjoy the birthday song my roommate and I left her on her Skype voicemail tonight. "Love you, Stace. Hope your birthday was memorable, as only Sunday birthdays can be for those of us in ministry."

Well, it's very late and I'm very tired, so I'm sleeping now. I'll check back in early in the week if I can. Stay gold, pony boy.

Until next time,
Love from LC in TW

1 comment:

Phara said...

If you need Noah's number I'm pretty sure I still have it from all the rain we got this summer.