10.27.2007

Saturday Night in Taiwan

Well, it was bound to happen. All the children coughing and sneezing around me finally made me catch a cold this weekend. Of course it had to happen on the weekend! Oh well, I needed to rest, so it's o.k., but it meant I had to cancel a trip to Taipei to hang out with Lucy, Irene Morris' sister. (I've known Lucy for about 10 years since she used to come to San Francisco and stay with Glen and Irene. She's really sweet and we've been trying to get together for the last several weeks.) She was planning to show me around the city today and we were going to see her family's home and the town where she lives, but alas none of this happened. Instead, I stayed home today and relaxed, caught up on some lesson plans and other school work and talked to some of my family, which was long overdue.

It was a good day all in all and tonight my roommate, Annalu had some of our/her friends over for dinner and they cooked a traditional South African dish, which was yummy. I decided to post the video of our apartment, I know it's not high quality since it's at night, but hopefully you'll get a little feel for where I live and the excitement that goes on in this part of the city in the evenings.
So, not a lot to say tonight since I've had such a low key day, but I want to post again tomorrow, so check back in and see if it happens. Let me know how you are. I always love to hear from home. I look forward to a good day tomorrow in worship and in rehearsal. Until next time, Larissa





Sharon, Erin, and Cara last thing on a Friday night after a long week.



This was Erins birthday cake. Hello Kitty is alive and well in Taiwan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry about your cold. hope you're feelin' better quite soon!

good to hear your voice!

thanks for the splendid tour.