10.19.2007

"Duh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh..." (think '80's)

"today is your birthday. Duh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, it's my birthday too (not really). Duh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, today is your birthday. Duh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, we're gonna have a good time! Dun, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, today is your birthday. Duh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, Happy Birthday to you!"

Well, just about the time most of you are convinced this has become the birthday blog, I have to go and post yet another birthday shout out, and prove you're right. Sorry, folks, but I gotta throw one to my friend, Claudia. She's having a birthday today and I can't be there for it, so I'm wishing her a good day/weekend/week/month as she celebrates with friends and family. I made her a cheesy video tonight from my school, just with me and three co-workers, at the end of a long day/week, so we were all looking a little spent, but the love came through I hope. (Sorry, but I'm sharing it with her only on Skype chat, so there's no url to give you.)

Claudia and I have known each other since playing softball together on the First Baptist San Francisco team (sad as we were), and that's about 8 years or more now. We've traveled a lot together and we still like each other, so that's a good thing, eh? She's a great friend to me and I think I keep her laughing so it's a decent trade off.

What can I say, Claudia's great!

So, Clauds, have a great day and sorry I can't be there. Lovin' you from the far east!


This is Claudia translating for a Nicaraguan couple at the clinic
we worked at this summer in the mountains near Jinotega.
She was amazing. Full of patience and love for her "peeps".



Same clinic, same day, but another one of the
250+ patients the doctors saw that day.
Claudia was one of only 3 translators.



Claudia with some of the older girls at the orphanage in Jinotega.




Claudia with two of the girls we had walked
to school on the last day we were there.
Kinda makes ya sad to say good-bye.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Larissa, Thanks for the birthday shout out. Your video was great especially the happy birthday song from Erin. Please tell her that I look forward to meeting her when I come visit at the end of December. Turning Taiwanese, I think I'm turning Taiwanese I really think so....another great 80's song.

Larissa eres una buena amiga (You're a good friend).

Tu amiga,
Claudia