9.16.2007

A11 is my nightmare class!

And here's why. Agassi, James, Nelson and Benson are little boys that are six or seven but look like four year olds. They love to jabber away in Chinese baby talk, and only pay attention when they hear their own names. Actually, that's the case for all my students, they only pay attention when you start the sentence or question with their name, which is impossible to do when you have 18 kids in the same classroom. This class, A11, is on Wednesday and Friday afternoons, and it's an absolute beginner class. I'm often at a loss for what to teach them. I have tried to play preschool games with them, but some of them are 10 and 11 year olds and they won't play the games. (Those are the girls, Jill, Jane, Betty, Cindy and Joyce.) So, if anyone out there in blogger-land has any bright ideas about how to teach English to A11, let me know what you think. Suffice to say that right now I dread Wednesday afternoons and by the time Friday afternoons roll around, I'm thrilled to see the little darlings behinds scooting out the door. I throw my fist in the air and declare it officially the weekend (although I still have two classes after this one, neither of those compare so I don't mind.)

Well, I wanted to get this post up since I told you guys I would show more pics of my students. Here's A11...more to follow.

Until next time,

Larissa




Agassi, Tony, Kevin, and Willy


James, Nelson, and Benson


Benson is very bright, and fun to teach


Jill, Cindy, Joyce,Betty, and Jane


Sarah, Viola, and Emily

2 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

How about making something, like play doh or cookies? Maybe they're too young, but sometimes people learn when you're showing them HOW to do something better than if you're just talking. There are plenty of easy play doh recipes on the web.
They're awfully cute!

Irene Morris said...

I'm praying for you, Larissa. Do you have a discipline plan? Having a few rules and sticking with them worked for me. It's all about boundaries. A reward system works well with a discipline plan. Email me if you need ideas or clarification. "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."