9.25.2007

No News is Good News...right?

It's not really that I have no news, it's just that I have no time to deliver the news. It's Wednesday morning here and I need to be getting on the bike heading toward school a little earlier than usual today. We've had a long weekend (more on that later) and I thoroughly unplugged, so I am now behind on prepping for the week. One of the joys of teaching is the stuff you have to do when you're not teaching...preparing, planning, grading, praying...it's an almost never-ending job. (So, all those mugs and t-shirts that say "My 3 favorite things about being a teacher? June, July and August!" are indicative of just how much teachers work and NEED the down time.) Well, one of the things that we have to do at Kang Ning is twice every 12 weeks we have to assign our students a reading passage for them to record on a cassette and turn into us to grade. Several of my classes hit that time in the semester together and I have a sea of cassettes on my desk at work waiting for me to wade through them. So, I'm off to work early today.

With that, I will bid you adieu and encourage you to "HUG A TEACHER TODAY" and "If you can read this, thank a teacher!" and "Just say no!" (I wanted to throw that one in there because I couldn't think of anything else.)

Thanks for the prayers.

Until next time,
LC from TW

No comments: