9.11.2007

“Davy, (bum, bum) Davy Crockett….

…King of the wild frontier” (imagine the tinty sound of elevator music accompanying these lyrics). If you could complete that song in your mind before you read the words on the blog, you can imagine how obnoxious it is for me to have to hear this tune playing at my school everyday, intermittently with old Carpenters songs (every sha la la la, every whoa whoa still shines), and a bad rendition of Edelweiss, all played without lyrics on a xylophone!!! I’m stuck in “bad musack hell” here and I can’t get out! The next time you are in an elevator or a dentist chair and you hear the musack, think of me having to endure it everyday in TW, and pray I don’t pull the wires out of the wall. I think that might blow my witness.


Well, I had to share that with you, but really I just hope you have a good rest of your week and no matter where you are or what you’re doing today know that I’m praying for all of you to have significant conversations with people around the memories of September 11th, 2001. I had a good one today but will be sharing that offline. God is still good!

Until next time.


2 comments:

Stephanie C. said...

I can just picture you being tortured by that music! And I knew all the words before I read them.....sad.

Grana said...

I happen to like the carpenters! I don't know if I could spend all day with them! Maybe Donny and Marie! JK! I had to leave a comment after what you said this morning!LOL!(Lots of Love)