9.21.2007

Be careful what you ask for...

have you ever heard that before?

Well, I asked you all to pray today that I would be focused on my purpose for being here and that there would be some miracle with A11 while my boss came to observe me. Prayer is key, people! You've got to ask people to pray for you when you need it and even if they don't do it in the time frame you were hoping for, God somehow (sovereign that He is) knows that the one in need has asked for prayer from others and He honors our prayers even before we utter them.

So, off the sermon and on to the news from today...Serena (my boss) was a little late to the class, so I got to get the stuff that I know she wouldn't like out of the way. (Don't be alarmed, no children were hurt during these few minutes!) I know she wants us to be superhuman, and be entertaining to all 16 children at once (I had 19 until today when my colleague "promoted" three of them to other classes - shout out to Sharon, my roommate for this weekend, for helpin' a sistah out!) Well, when you're trying to check and record that they did their homework and you're trying to give them individual feedback, you just can't keep all of the others from speaking Chinese to one another. Suffice to say, I was happy she was late. I was able to check homework, give the spelling test, and record both of them before she came in.

The children were miraculously calmer than normal, and I was able to handle them. Today was their preparation for a test next week, and I feel that many of them have been well prepared, so I did my job. (Some of them need more prayer!) At the end of the grueling 90 minutes (well, maybe about 80 with the boss watching), she said as they were leaving, "Wow, they seem like a totally different class than what I saw four weeks ago. You're really getting through to them." Pick my jaw up off the floor, 'cause I know it wasn't me today...but I'll accept the encouragement. The only problem now is...I have to keep this class, 'cause the boss thinks I can handle it! Argh!!

Thanks again for praying and keep 'em coming!
There's always tomorrow, and never a dull moment in TW! Come visit.

Until next time,
LC

2 comments:

Phara said...

Like the new text color...you old dog. Seems like you can learn a new trick. (you know I love ya more than my luggage) XOXO

Stephanie C. said...

Oh, so glad to hear they behaved! I prayed for you and A11.